Health Department :
National Programe for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)
- To improve the health outcomes of the people of Tamil Nadu especially the poor and disadvantaged by strengthening Health Systems.
- To reduce the morbidity and mortality due to Non Communicable Diseases through Opportunistic screening, treatment and follow up of individuals reporting at Government health facilities in Tamil Nadu.
- Availability of NCD Clinic with facilities for screening in all Government Health Facilities.
- Provision of screening services for men and women aged 18 years and above for Hypertension and Diabetes Mellitus.
- Screening of women aged 30 years and above for Cervical and Breast Cancers.
- Referral for Confirmatory tests or for further evaluation.
- Referral for treatment of complications.
- Maintenance of Forms, Cards and Registers.
- Online data entry and reporting system.
National School Children Health Scheme (RBSK)
Under National School Children Health Scheme which was started in December 2014, right from new borne children to 18 years adolescent have to be screened for congenital deformities, developmental and Nutritional deformities at an early stage.
Dr.Muthulakhsmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme (MRMBS) is implemented with a noble objective of providing assistance to poor pregnant women/mothers to meet expenses on nutritious diet, to compensate for the loss of income during motherhood and to avoid low birth weight of newborn babies. The assistance which was given at Rs.6,000 per beneficiary has been increased to Rs.12,000 per beneficiary with effect from 01.06.2011. The cash assistance is given in three instalments on conditional basis and restricted to two deliveries. The amount is being credited directly to the Beneficiaries bank account through ECS. First instalment is given before delivery for those availing all required antenatal care services during pregnancy in Government Institutions, second installment for those delivering in Government Institutions and third installment after proper immunization of the child.
The age group between 10 – 19 yrs. For all adolescent girls the napkin sis issued for 12 pockets every 2 months once.
Weekly iron and folic acid supplementation:
very week Thursday iron & folic acid supplementation is given between age group (10 – 19). 6th to 12std for all students.
National deforming day
Yearly twice (February and August ) Months tablets / Syrup is issued between the age group (1-19) yrs for School going children.
Vitamin A solution supplementation programme.
Yearly twice ( September and March ) every 6 month once age group between 6 Months to 60 months Vitamin A solution is issued.
Civil Registration System
The Registration of Birth and Death Act 18 of 1969 came in to force in Tamil Nadu from 01.04.1970. As per the Act all Births and Deaths have to be reported compulsorily for registration at the place of occurrence within 21 days of their occurrence. The Registration work is governed by Tamil Nadu Registration of Birth and Death Rules, 2000.
Also the Government has ordered in G.O.Ms.No.353 Health and Family Welfare Department, dt.09.10.2017 to appoint Multi Purpose Health Supervisor (Male) as Birth and Death Registrar for Government District Head Quarters Hospital, Taluk and Non-Taluk Hospital situated in Village Panchayat for registration of births and deaths and issue of certificates before they leave the hospital. The Sanitary Inspector / Executive Officer are the Registrars for the above said Government Institutions situated in ULBs and Town Panchayats.
Contact Office Address
Joint Director of Medical & Rural Health Services,
Cuddalore 607 001.
Phone: 04142 230052