DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE AND PLANTATION CROPS
Cuddalore district is coming under Cauvery delta region and the total area under cultivation is 325355 ha. In that, Horticultural crops have been cultivated in about 42500 ha and the prominent crops under cultivation are Cashew, Jack, Banana, Guava, Tapioca, Chillies, Brinjal and other vegetables. Among the major three fruits (Mukkani-Mango, Jack and Banana), Jack grown in this district is the sweetest and world famous known by the name Panruti Jack. Cuddalore district is also known for Cashew nuts for the export potentials.
To increase the production, productivity and income of farmers, various schemes are being implemented through Department of Horticulture and Plantation crops. To impart hi-tech production techniques among farmers various schemes like poly house construction, shade net house, mulching, distribution of seedlings of high yielding varieties of fruit crops, vegetables and plantation crops are being done.
Schemes implemented through Department of Horticulture and Plantation crops
- MISSION FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF HORTICULTURE-
(i). NATIONAL HORTICULTURE MISSION (MIDH-NHM)
Area Expansion Programme
- Cultivation of Hybrid vegetables (Brinjal and Chillies)- Protray seedlings has been produced at State Horticulture Farms and distributed to farmers at free cost at the rate of Rs. 20000 per hectare
- Mango cultivation under High Density Planting- Rs. 9840 per hectare
- Flower crops cultivation: For cultivating Marigold and Jasmine, Rs. 16000 per hectare and for Tuberose Rs. 60000 per hectare been given to farmers as back ended subsidy
- Spice chillies cultivation- Rs. 12000 per hectare
- Cashew planting- Rs. 12000 per hectare
- Construction of Poly house: 50% subsidy has been provided for constructing Poly houses at the rate of Rs. 468 per square meter allowing maximum 4000 sqm per beneficiary
- Shadenet house: As like poly house construction, 50% assistance has been given to the maximum of 4000 sqm per beneficiary at rate of Rs. 355 per square meter
- Mulching: 50% assistance will be given-Rs. 16000 as back ended subsidy
- Creation of water resources: To encourage water harvesting system for individuals, to create farm ponds, tube well and open wells an assistance of Rs. 75000/- has been provided.
- To encourage use of micro nutrients, at the rate of Rs. 500 per hectare the micro nutrients has been distributed among the farmers.
4. Pollination Support Through Bee-Keeping
- In order to maximize production, honey-bee colonies have been given to farmers at 40% subsidy at the rate of Rs. 1600 per colony and for honey extractor Rs. 8000 is given.
5. Horticulture Mechanization
- For purchase of 20HP mini tractor Rs. 75000 and for 8HP power tiller Rs. 60000 has been given as subsidy at 25 % and 40% subsidy respectively.
- For purchase of powered knapsack sprayer Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 2500/- has been given as subsidy for the sprayer capacity of 12-16 liters and 8-12 liters respectively.
- To construct pack houses for the purpose of grading, cleaning and packing of Horticultural produces at the rate of 50% subsidy Rs. 2.00 lakh has been provided.
- NATIONAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NADP)
- Under Mukkani Development Scheme, to encouraging cultivation of Mango and Jack, an assistance of Rs. 30000 per hectare has been given to farmers
- Under Onion Development Scheme, Rs. 20000 per hectare has been given as subsidy
- To impart eco-friendly pest management techniques, solar light trap, pheromone trap and yellow sticky traps have been distributed to farmers at subsidized rates.
III. PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYEE YOJANA (PMKSY)
Under this scheme, to emphasis efficient use of irrigation water, farmers are being encouraged to set up micro irrigation facility through financial assistance of 100 % subsidy to small and marginal farmers and 75 % subsidy to big farmers. A beneficiary can get financial assistance up to 5 ha. Farmers who are all already benefited can also get subsidy for renew the laterals after seven years.
- NATIONAL MISSION FOR SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE (NMSA)
- RAINFED AREA DEVELOPMENT (RAD)
- Horticulture Based Farming System: For an area of 1 hectare, 50% subsidy up to Rs. 25000/- has been given for planting material and other inputs
- Vermicompost unit: To set up permanent vermicompost structure, Rs. 25000/- has been given as subsidy and for setting HDPE vermibed Rs. 6000/-
- PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA (PMFBY)
In Cuddalore district, Banana and Tapioca crops are notified to be covered under this insurance scheme. Farmers insured the crops in notified villages could get insurance amount for crop damages due to natural calamities and tremendous yield loss due to pest and diseases.
ELIGIBILITY OF FARMERS
- All the farmers who have own agriculture lands are eligible. If on lease, the lease period should be a minimum of 10 years for project based components.
- Assured irrigation facilities are necessary where water usage is mandatory for the components like protected cultivation, area expansion etc.
- The beneficiary farmers should enclose all mandatory documents along with the application.
- The documents should be valid for the current period.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE BENEFICIARY TO AVAIL SUBSIDY FOR VARIOUS COMPONENTS UNDER MIDH
- Application Form
- Beneficiary must be registered in HORTNET
- Chitta and adangal (original)
- FMB sketch
- In case of Lessee farmers, registered lease agreement should be furnished.
- Soil and water test reports for cultivation related components
- Passport size photos (3 Nos.)
- Ration card (Xerox)
- Bank passbook (1st page Xerox) for verifying the Account Number
- Affidavit for components wherein the assistance is above Rs.50,000/-
- Field photos during various stages of implementation with beneficiary (for Area expansion and project based activities)
- Field Board with NHM logo after completion (for project based)
|1||R.Radjamany||Deputy Director of Horticulture||Cuddalore District||9442390717|
|2||D.Suresh||Assistant Director of Horticulture (PM)||Cuddalore District||8489604087|
|3||T.Arulthasan||Horticulture Officer (Tech-1)||Cuddalore District||9486155979|
|4||R.Alex||Horticulture Officer (Tech-2)||Cuddalore District||9677632313|
|BLOCK LEVEL OFFICER|
|5||V.Sivakuamr||Assistant Director of Horticulture||Cuddalore||9715189181|
|6||S.Ananthi||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Kurinjipadi||9944593487|
|7||R.Lakshmidevi||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Panruti||9786723118|
|8||P.Suganthi||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Annagramam||9047121898|
|9||N.T.Ravisekar||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Bhuvanagiri||8053673777|
|10||M.S.Sangeetha||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Parangipettai||9786867588|
|11||N.T.Ravisekar||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Keerapalayam||8053673777|
|12||M.S.Sangeetha||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Kumartchi||9047664305|
|13||M.S.Sangeetha||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Kattumannarkoil||9047664305|
|14||J.Bhuvanenwari||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Kammapuram||9786867588|
|15||J.Bhuvanenwari||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Vridhachalam||9786867588|
|16||N.Kalaivani||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Mangalur||9566981785|
|17||D.Suresh||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Nallur||8489604087|
Member Secretary/ Chairman/
Deputy Director of Horticulture, District Collector
District Mission Committee,National Horticulture Mission,