Department of Agricultural Marketing and Agricultural Business Cuddalore District
Department of Agricultural Marketing and Agri Business is one of the sister Department of Agriculture which aims at an increase in the value of Marketed Surplus.
- Formation of commodity groups for various Agricultural/Horticultural crops
- Signing MOU with reputed companies for fetching remunerative price to farmers.
- Imparting Training on Pre and Post Harvest technologies
- Imparting market intelligence to farmers by forecasting price through Agri Marketing Intelligence & Business Promotion Centre (AMI & BPC)
- Creation of infrastructure facilities like Rural Business Hub Centre, Drying yards, Storage Godown through schemes like NADP, IAMWARM etc.,
|Sl. No.||Designation||Sanctioned post||Filled||Vacant|
|1||Dy Director of Agrl(AB), Cuddalore||1||1||–|
|4||Asst Agrl Officer||22||22||–|
- Major Activities
- A) Agri Business
- B) Uzhavar Sandhai
- C) Agmark Lab
|S.No||Name of the FPO||Name of the Scheme||Year||Date of Incorporated||No. of Villages||No. of FIG||Total Share capital|
|1||Cuddalore District Mangalore Millet FPC Ltd||NADP||2014-15||18.08.14||35||50||1004|
|2||Veeranarayanan Pulses FPC Ltd.,||NADP||2016-17||24.01.17||45||50||1000|
|3||Coconut & Banana FPO||NMSA||2017-18||Yet to be incorporated.
Initial Work under Progress
|S.No||Details of Infrastructure||Total Capacity (Mt.)||Avg. arrivals during the month (Mt.)||Total Arrivals during this month||Percentage of Occupancy / Utilization|
|1||Cold Storage – Cuddalore OT RM||25||25||250||100|
|2||Cold Storage – Vridhachalam RM||25||25||504||100|
|3.||Uzhavar Sandhai- Cuddalore||2||2||4.4||100|
|S.No||Name of the Commodity group||Name of the Scheme||Target||Achievement||Remarks|
|1||30 Nos of Cahsew Commodity group||NADP 16-17||30||6||Remaining Unit Work under progress|
- In Cuddalore District Uzhavar Sandhai’s are functioning at Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Vridhachalam , Panruti and Vadalure. The farmers are benefited by selling their vegetables and fruits through Uzhavar Sandhai less than the Whole
sale price but more than 15% of retail price, without any commission. The consumers are also benefited by buying fresh vegetables and fruits at lesser than the Local market retail price.
|Uzhavar Sandhai Name||Cuddalore||Chidambaram||Vridhachalam||Panruti||Vadalur|
|Date of opening||9.8.2000||9.8.2000||23.9.2000||2.4.2000(3.6.06)||18.2.09|
|Area in Acres||0.53||2.00||0.50||1.28||0.50|
|Cost of lakhs(infrastructures)||14.40||11.30||10.44||12.70||22.5|
|Daily arrivals Average(MT)||25.97||2.96||21.15||4.23||3.87|
|Daily Growers average(Nos.)||116||9||68||9||10|
|Daily value average(Rs.)||6.70||0.74||5.70||1.10||1.31|
|Daily consumers average(nos.)||10129||396||2753||545||517|
Agmark lab is situated at Panruti which caters the need of grading food product for both Cuddalore and Villupuram district which is a Voluntary Scheme for the entrepreneur. The aim of the S.A.G.L. is Standardization and grading of Food Products and assigning Agmark Certification for Quality food Products.
|S.No||Particulars||Annual Target 2017-18||Up to previous month||During the month||Up to the month||% of Ach||% of Ach. to the annual Target|