The District disaster management plan:-
Part -1 (PDF 9 MB)
Part -2 (PDF 9 MB)
District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA).
The Collector of Cuddalore district is the Chairperson of the District
Disaster Management Authority (DDMA). The Authority has been constituted with
the following officers.
- District Collector –Chairperson;
- District Panchayat Chairman – Co-Chairperson;
- Superintendent of Police – Member
- District Revenue Officer- Member Project
- Director (District Rural Development Authority)-Member
- Superintending Engineer (PWD) WRD – Member
- Superintending Engineer, TANGEDCO- Member
- Personal Assistant (General ) to Collector – Member
The DDMA acts as the District Planning Co-ordinating and implementing
body for district management. The Authority shall ensure about the areas identified
as vulnerable and measures to be taken for the prevention, mitigation,
preparedness and response to disaster.
The District Disaster Management Authority meets during August or
September every year, under the Chairmanship of the Collector and detailed
discussion takes place with the following officers regarding the precautionary
measures to be taken to face the disaster and other activities to be taken in the
event of any emergency during the monsoon season.
On the basis of the points discussed during the prevention and
preparedness meeting, an Action plan is prepared by all the departments for
preventing, mitigating and responding to the disaster if any occur in the monsoon
season. The Revenue Department will be the Nodal Department for controlling,
monitoring and directing measures for organizing rescue, relief and rehabilitation
in the District.