PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM:
Cuddalore District Public Distribution System is functioning accordingly to the rules and regulations of Tamil Nadu Security Rules.
The Aim of this Rule is to Supply Essential Commodities like Rice, Sugar, Wheat, Kerosene, Dhall and Oil through Fair Price Shop.
Review and Monitoring System
District Collector every week (Monday ) review the functioning of the PDS with regards to availability at Taluk godown , movement of essential commodities to fair price shops on distribution of essential commodities to the card holders with district officials of the Civil Supplies , Co-operatives and Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation.
THE AIM OF THE PUBLICE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM SCHEME:
- To Protect poor and Below Poverty Line (BPL) people from the like of price of essential.
- The like in price in the commodities of Dhall and Oil can be controlled.
- Kerosene can be supplied through subsidy rate.
- The Family Card Holders can approach the near by Fair Price Shop and can get the essential commodities.
- This Scheme provides timely supply of essential commodities in each month to the family card holders.
- The Cuddalore District supply and Consumer Protection Office is functioning under the control of the District Collector, Cuddalore.
- The application for getting smart card through website has been scrutinized by the staff of Taluk Supply and Consumer Protection Officers and after inspection smart card is issued through Fair Price Shop.
The problems of consumers can be solved under consumer Protection Act 1986.
The illegal Business and Protection of Commodities will be solved through quality checking and through consumer Court.
The awareness for consumers have been made through college and Government High School students by conducting performances by Voluntary consumer organization maintained by Cuddalore Collector Office.
|Sl. No.||Taluk||Cooperative||SHG||Total||Total Shops|
|Part Time||Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time||Full Time|
Total No.of Civil Supplies Godowns in the District : 07
|Sl. No||Taluk||Rice Card||Sugar Card||AAY Card||N Cards||Police Cards||Total Cards|
|AAY CARDS||AAY BENEFICIARIES||PHH CARDS||PHH BENEFICIARIES||TOTAL NUMBER OF CARDS||TOTAL NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES|
Requirement of Essential Commodities
- Rice : 11908 Metric Tonne
- AAY rice : 14886 Metric Tonne
- OAP Rice : 13 Metric Tonne
- Sugar : 1189 Metric Tonne
- Wheat : 3394 Metric Tonne
- Kerosene : 1615 Kilo Litre
Public Distribution System
The Government is supplying essential commodities at the subsidized rates for the benefit of the Public under PDS through Fair Price shop at the rates mentioned below
|Sl. No||Name of the Commodity||Issue Price per (Kg.)||Scale of Supply|
|1.||Boiled and Raw||Free of Cost||1 Unit 12 Kgs
1.5 Unit 14 Kgs
2 Unit 16 Kgs
2.5 Unit 18 Kgs
3 and 4 20 Kgs
Above 5 Unit 5 kg per unit
|2||Wheat||Rs. 7.50/-||5 Kgs|
|3||Sugar||Rs.25/-||500 gms per head per month. For Sugar option family cards an additional quantity of 3 kg of sugar in lieu of rice.|
|4||AAY Sugar||Rs.13.50/-||500 gms per head per month.|
Corporation 10 Lts.
Municipality 6 Lts
T.Panchayat 3 Lts.
V.Panchayat 3 Lts.
Corporation 3 Lts.
T.Panchayat 3 Lts.
V.Panchayat 3 Lts.
|6||Special Public Distribution System||Toor Dhall Rs.30/-
Palm oil Rs.25/-
Distribution of essential commodities to the Police cards through Fair Price shop with effect from 1.10.2008
The units of Essential Commodities allowed for Police Cards.
- Bachelor : 1 Unit
- Bachelor living with Parents : 2 Units
- Married Police without children : 2 Units
- Married Police with One child : 3 Units
- Married Police with two and above children : 4 Units (Maximum)